This December, “IVX” will launch, thus pushing the Inhumans and X-Men forward towards an explosive new status quo. On top of that, Marvel’s December offerings will see a number of new titles launch while a few others get into the holiday spirit. To highlight some of the events coming up in a few months, CBR has scoured Marvel’s December solicits for the biggest developments.
- “IVX” launches, and now we know the inciting incident. The solicit copy says that Beast, who’s in the Inhuman camp, will discover that mutants only have two weeks before the Terrigen Mist makes Earth uninhabitable for mutants.
- “IVX” tie-ins appear in “Extraordinary X-Men” #17, “Uncanny X-Men” #16. Marvel’s Inhumans line will be tie-in free, at least for December.
- Luke Cage and Danny Rand will star in a holiday-themed issue, titled “Power Man and Iron Fist: Sweet Christmas Annual.” The issue comes from series writer David Walker and artist Scott Hepburn. “Spider-Man/Deadpool” #12 will also be a Christmas special, and it comes from writers Paul Scheer and Nick Giovannetti and artist Todd Nauck. And Gwenpool will get her own special, the “Gwenpool Holiday Special: Merry Mix-Up” featuring numerous holiday tales.
- Two years after being announced, Nicole Perlman’s “Gamora” series will launch with Marco Checchetto on art. Perlman wrote the first draft of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” screenplay and is a co-writer on the upcoming “Captain Marvel” film.
- A new Star Wars ongoing series will launch, although its title remains a secret. The series comes from “Darth Vader” writer Kieron Gillen and artist Kev Walker.
- Other new series launching in December include “U.S.Avengers,” “The Mighty Captain Marvel,” “Hulk,” “Hawkeye,” “Slapstick,” “Nova,” “Rocket Raccoon,” “Star-Lord” and “Doctor Strange/Punisher: Magic Bullets.”
- “Infamous Iron Man” #3 teases a showdown between Doctor Doom and Pepper Potts, who’s back in her Rescue armor.
- The debut issue of “Nova” teases the return of a “classified” character.
- Three cosmic books — “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Star-Lord” and “Rocket Raccoon” — will be stranded on Earth in a storyline called “Grounded.”
- Beta Ray Bill will show up in “Unworthy Thor” #2, and he will know the fate of the Realm Eternal.
- Former Spider-Woman Mattie Franklin returns from the dead in “Silk” #15, a “Clone Conspiracy” tie-in.
- A Hobgoblin will return to menace Jessica Drew in “Spider-Woman” #14.
- The cover of “Squadron Supreme” #14 teases the long-awaited return of Namor.
- “X-Men ’92” #10 is billed as the “X-traordinary final issue,” and a giant-size one to boot.
You can check out the rest of Marvel’s December solicits right here.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!