Official Press Release
Once again listening to their loyal fans, The House has restored theoriginal cover prices of BLACK PANTHER, CAPTAIN MARVEL and SPIDER-GIRL.After announcing that all three critically-acclaimed titles would have toundergo a 25 cent price hike in order to ensure another full year ofpublication, Editor In Chief Joe Quesada has over-ruled the decision in aneffort to save readers their hard-earned money.
Both retailers and retailers should note that the correct prices for thefollowing titles, which were solicited in the April 2002 Diamond Previewscatalog, are as follows:
BLACK PANTHER #45 = $2.50
BLACK PANTHER #46 = $2.50
CAPTAIN MARVEL #33 = $2.50
SPIDER-GIRL #48 = $2.25
cover by Sal Velluto
Christopher Priest (w)/Sal Velluto (p)/Steve Geiger (i)
* THE SCOOP: Marvel's best reviewed title goes bi-weekly in June!
* THE STORY: This is it, folks -- the cataclysmic conclusion to "Enemy ofthe State II"! T'Challa and Iron Man enter into a no-holds-barred battle astime runs out on defeating XCon's nefarious coup d'etat attempt on theUnited States!
* THE BUZZ: "BLACK PANTHER is indeed one of the hidden gems of comicdom...and for those of you who are working on a tight budget, I assure you, BLACKPANTHER is worth dropping those remaining DC or CrossGen comics from yourmonthly pull list, and then some!" -X-Fan
* THE FORMAT: 32 pages, with ads.
On sale June 12th (order cut-off date May 23rd)
cover by Jorge Lucas
Christopher Priest (w)/Jorge Lucas (p)
* THE SCOOP: Marvel's best reviewed series hits twice this month!
* THE STORY: Caught in a temporal loop by King Solomon's brass frogs, theBlack Panther and company suddenly find themselves in Alberdene, Texas -- inthe year 1875! And as if that weren't bad enough, they're trapped with noapparent means to get home! Guest starring BLAZE OF GLORY's Rawhide Kid, KidColt, and The Two-Gun Kid! It's rip-roarin', rootin'-tootin' action at theOK Corral! Yee haw, y'all!
* THE BUZZ: "It can't be emphasized enough: this is a book that you shouldbe reading. And now is as good a time as any to jump on." -Savantmag.com
* THE FORMAT: 32 pages, with ads.
On sale June 26th (order cut-off date June 6th)
CAPTAIN MARVEL #33
cover by ChrisCross
Peter David (w)/ChrisCross (p)/Rich Perrota (i)
Captain Marvel squares off against the Magus, while the fate of his friendshangs in the balance! Meanwhile, who the heck is Coven? "Is there humorouscharacter interaction, surprise guest-stars and a tantalizing endingcourtesy of Peter David? Check. Is there vibrant and punchy art courtesy ofChrisCross? Check. Does it get a great score? Check. Has it got great sales?No! So why not?" -Comics International
On sale June 19th (order cut-off date May 30th)
cover by Pat Olliffe & Al Williamson
Tom DeFalco (w)/Pat Olliffe (p)/Al Williamson (i)
Beginning a new story that'll have fans of the Clone Saga doing flips!Spider-Girl's super hero life gets ever more complicated as her dadreassumes his costumed identity as Spider-Man -- just as Kaine suddenlyappears on the scene! Guest-starring the all-new Scarlet Spider! "This bookreminds me of 'Smallville' in that it's a cross between 'Saved by the Bell'and action-packed super hero fare." -Zentertainment
On sale June 5th (order cut-off date May 16th)
'Nuff Said! (And, no, this isn't an April Fools joke!)
Marketing Communications Manager