Bruce Banner will have some competition in Al Ewing and Joe Bennett's Immortal Hulk #31, which will see the Living Hulk join the fray.
Living Hulk, who is teased in Marvel's February solicitations for Immortal Hulk, is one of the aliases of Xemnu, who was created by Jack Kirby and introduced in 1960's Journey into Mystery #62. Xemnu has previously tangled with both Hulk and Red Hulk, and he appears on several billboards on Alex Ross' cover for this issue, indicating he's indeed the one being referenced in here. Although the plot summary for the issue teases Xemnu acting heroically, things may not pan out that way.
IMMORTAL HULK #31
- AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
- Variant cover by GEOFF SHAW
- GWEN STACY VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA
- There’s a new monster in town. He’s cuddly. He’s lovable. He’s down with the kids. And he’s available for your corporate retreat.
- Yes, there was another Hulk, once - the one who made all those nasty threats to end the world. But who needs him?
- THE LIVING HULK is here. And he’s going to save us all - or your money back.
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Immortal Hulk #31 goes on sale in February.