Marvel Entertainment has announced plans for the Disney-run D23 Espo which will run from July 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. In addition to slews of panels -- and a return of Cup o' Joe -- the convention will feature an array of props and costumes from Marvel Studios' upcoming film slate, including Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther.
Marvel promises "multiple giveaways and events within its pavilion space in Hall B," in which fans will have the opportunity to meet with the filmmakers behind Marvel Studios, its development team, and talent, in addition to giveaways of exclusive art from the film slate.
Set for Friday, July 14 at 1:15pm PT in the D23 Expo Arena is the Cup 'o Joe panel featuring, of course, Marvel's Chief Creative Officer, Joe Quesada. On the same day, at 6:00pm PT on Stage 28, Marvel Animation is hosting a panel that promises "sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation" For further details check out the D23 Expo app.
Marvel's video game-centric panels at the event will include (via Marvel.com):
- “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2” is an all-new, original adventure and sequel to the smash hit “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.” Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor, the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
- Adding to the infinite excitement of D23 Expo, “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” will offer attendees hands-on opportunities with the next era of the highly revered action-fighting game series. Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat. “Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite” features a variety of exciting and accessible single-player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike and will be released on September 19, 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Gazillion will offer a chance to play “Marvel Heroes Omega” and win fantastic prizes. “Marvel Heroes Omega” combines the core gameplay style of Action-RPGs and MMOs with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. With thousands of hours of character progression and rewards, “Marvel Heroes Omega” comes packed with tons of replay value and a steady stream of new challenges with regular updates.
- Netmarble is bringing its best to D23 Expo with “Marvel Future Fight.” Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, players create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. D23 Expo attendees can try their hand at saving the universe.
- “Marvel Puzzle Quest” is where the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game available on your phone, tablet, and PC. “Marvel Puzzle Quest” combines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-versus-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more. Guests can unleash their inner Super Hero and wage war against their enemies. Learn more at marvelpuzzlequest.com.
D23 Expo will run July 14-16; stay tuned to CBR for more announcements and coverage of the event.