The majority of the heroes of the Marvel Universe may not yet be aware that Logan has returned form the grave, but they’ll find out soon enough once Wolverine #1 arrives in September.
Marvel very quietly hid the announcement in the copy of its solicitation for August’s Hunt For Wolverine: Dead Ends one-shot, the final chapter of its months-long mini event which has seen X-Men, Avengers and more searching for what they believe is Wolverine’s stolen corpse. Of course, readers know Logan is back among the living, though the how and why remain a mystery — one we expect will be explored more fully in his new series.
Though the solicitation stops short of announcing a creative team for Wolverine, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Charles Soule announced as its writer. Not only has Soule been heavily involved in the X-Man’s resurrection, he also wrote the hero’s death in 2014, and is scripting the Dead Ends story that will lead into the new series.
Check out the solicitation text and covers for Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends #1 by Soule and Ramon Rosana below, and check back with CBR soon for more information on the X-Man’s new solo series.
HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1
- CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
- Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
- VARIANT COVER by DALE KEOWN
- VARIANT COVER by Olivier Coipel
- RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
- THE HUNT IS OVER.
- The hunt for Wolverine is over… Now the time has come to put the pieces together and see what was learned. Kitty Pryde, Daredevil, Tony Stark and Sabretooth may have found what they were looking for…but it wasn’t what they expected. Where has Wolverine been? What has he been doing? And how does it lead into next month’s WOLVERINE #1?
- 40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Parental Advisory …$4.99
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!