Rob Liefeld's Major X marked a return to the fan-favorite comic book creator's extreme-style of storytelling from the early 90s and introduced a new mutant superhero to the Marvel Universe. Originally starting as a six-issue miniseries, the title has since received an oversized special this summer that blends old and new content from Liefeld himself.
Marvel Comics has released its advance solicitation information for August 2019, which includes Major X #0 from Liefeld and Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson. The special features classic material from 1988's Wolverine #154-155, with new content drawn by Liefeld to complement the story by adding his new character.
MAJOR X #0
- Rob Liefeld with Eric Stephenson (W) • Rob Liefeld (A/C)
- Sketch Variant Cover by Rob Liefeld
- Variant Cover by TBA
- Representing the classic Wolverine (1988) #154-155 with an all-new Major X frame short story written & drawn by Rob Liefeld!
- Deadpool accepts a hit from a mysterious group of overzealous techies called the Watchtower. His intended target? Wolverine! There’s a bounty on Logan’s head, and Deadpool plans to collect! But will the Watchtower prove too morally questionable for even the Merc? The beginnings of the hit Major X series can be found in these classic stories!
- 72 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
With Deadpool gunning for Wolverine, the contract will reveal previously unseen ramifications on the origins of Major X.
Major X #0 is written by Rob Liefeld and Eric Stephenson and illustrated by Rob Liefeld. It is scheduled to go on sale this August from Marvel Comics.