www.cbr.com

Brooklyn's 'loot' Lets Kids Create And Sell Their Own Comics

A comic spot in Brooklyn, New York, called loot will offer members access to a reading library of over 3,000 comics from various publishers for $30 a month.

Members will be able to "borrow an unlimited number of comics, one at a time" from loot, which is located above Frank's Restaurant in Carroll Gardens. Comics are also available for purchase, with each one costing $5. In addition to a library of comics, loot will let kids create and sell their own comics, keeping 90% of the profits, with the remaining 10% covering "credit card processing and other expenses." By buying, borrowing and creating comics, kids will earn "loot."

Continue scrolling to keep reading Click the button below to start this article in quick view.

RELATED: Canadian Cartoonist Michael De Adder Let Go After Viral Trump Comic

"Not only do we want to teach technical skills and build confidence in young people, we also want to help them make friends and learn to team build," said founder Joseph Einhorn. "We can have three different kids work on a comic together. One as the writer, one as the artist and one to ink in the color. We will have more information in the coming weeks and will begin offering related classes in August."

loot is open every day from 10am until 6pm. Adults without children who want to visit must make an appointment through Instagram. You can see photos of loot below.

RELATED: Marvel Comics #1000 Variants Show the Publisher Through the Decades

Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Photo Credit: Catherine Michelle Bartlett.
Weapon V: Carnage Absolutely Slaughters an Entire 'Venom Squad'

More in Comics