The cover for writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Ryan Sook's Legion of Super-Heroes #1 teases one of the most cataclysmic events in the history of DC: the destruction of Earth.
Revealed in DC's November solicitations, Sook's variant cover for Legion of Super-Heroes #1 shows that, at some point between now and the 31st century, the Earth will be destroyed. When and how are not revealed, though it's possible the event might play a role in the upcoming comic book series. It's noteworthy the cover and solicitation for the issue are somewhat at odds with the summary for Superman #15, which teased a trip to the 32nd century and was confirmed by Bendis as accurate. It's unclear at this time how, or if, the series will address that discrepancy.
You can see Sook's cover and read the solicitation information for the issue below.
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art and cover by RYAN SOOK
- card stock variant cover by JIM CHEUNG
- card stock variant cover by RYAN SOOK
- blank variant cover
- Welcome to the 31st century! Inspired by the acts of and lessons learned from the greatest heroes of all time, the Legion of Super-Heroes have gathered together to stop a galaxy from repeating its past mistakes. The greatest lineup of heroes in comic book history returns with new, fresh, and reader-friendly stories!
- Eisner Award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis reteams with master artist Ryan Sook (Action Comics) for one of the most ambitious mainstream comic books ever created! Why have the Legion of Super-Heroes broken the cardinal rule of the United Planets and inducted Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy, into the Legion? What are they hiding? And what does it have to do with Aquaman’s long-lost trident?
- ON SALE 11.06.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium #1 goes on sale September 18, followed by issue #2 on October 2 and the launch of the ongoing Legion of Super-Heroes series on November 6.
(via Den of Geek)