With The Interview proving to be a Christmas miracle for Sony Pictures, artist and movie fan Kevin Maguire has an idea of what roles stars Seth Rogen and James Franco could tackle next: Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. On Twitter, the co-creator of Justice League International pegged the actors to play the comedic duo he's best known for drawing, saying, "They already have the deepest bromance in movies today."
But that's not all.
In addition to Rogen as Beetle and Franco as Gold, Maguire went on a tear to cast virtually the entire "Bwahaha!" era Justice League (as seen later in Justice League International), from Power Girl to Maxwell Lord to L-Ron (whose casting by Maguire I particularly enjoy). Here's the full list:
- Seth Rogen as Blue Beetle
- James Franco as Booster Gold
- Jon Hamm as Maxwell Lord
- Tom Hardy as Guy Gardner
- Joe Manganiello as Batman
- Jim Carrey as the Elongated Man
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Sue Dibney
- Alice Eve as Power Girl
- Milana Vayntrub as Mary Marvel
- Patrick Warburton as Captain Marvel
- Beyonce as Fire
- Elizabeth Olsen as Ice
- Dwayne Johnson as Martian Manhunter
- Johnny Depp as Mister Miracle
- Gwendoline Christie as Big Barda
- Viggo Mortensen as Captain Atom
- Danny De Vito as Oberon
- Yvonne Strahovski as Black Canary
- Andy Serkis as G'Nort
- Trace Beaulieu as L-Ron
Following a brief stint on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Maguire is working on an as-yet-unnamed creator-owned project while contributing covers to Marvel, DC and other publishers.