Following the trailer released earlier this week, Warner Bros. unveiled the official box art and full special feature details for the upcoming straight-to-video animated film Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.
Releasing digitally on March 30 and on Blu-ray and 4K Combo Pack April 16, the Bruce Timm-produced feature tells the story of the Justice League coming into conflict with the Fatal Five, super villains hailing from the 31st Century who seek the Green Lantern Jessica Cruz for their sinister plan to alter history.
According to the official synopsis of the film,
Justice League vs. The Fatal Five finds the Earth’s future hanging in the balance when the Justice League faces a powerful new threat – the Fatal Five. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seek answers as the time-traveling trio of Mano, Persuader and Tharok terrorize Metropolis in search of budding Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz – whom they need to free remaining Fatal Five members Emerald Empress and Validus in order to carry out their sinister plan. But the Justice League discover an ally from another time in the peculiar Star Boy – brimming with volatile power, could he be the key to thwarting the Fatal Five? An epic battle against ultimate evil awaits!
The DVD's Exclusive Content for the Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital will include:
- Battling the Invisible Menace(Featurette)– This featurette will explore the nuanced hero as many characters must deal with the everyday feelings of anxiety, depression, and other incapacitating emotions that we all must battle and overcome.
- Justice League vs. Fatal Five: Unity of Hero(Featurette) – A look at how the pantheon of DC heroes has never been more diverse and inclusive, as writers and artists break boundaries and smash stereotypes.
- Audio Commentary– Bruce Timm, Sam Liu, Jim Krieg and Eric Carrasco share their thoughts and insights on Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush– An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League Dark
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League vs. Teen Titans
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Far From Home”
- From the DC Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Man of Tomorrow”
“Justice League vs. The Fatal Five is an important addition to the DC Universe Movies, spotlighting two unlikely young heroes with real-world issues facing off against a daunting quintet of futuristic villains,” Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing, said in an official statement. “We’re also are proud to have Kevin Conroy, Susan Eisenberg and George Newbern reprising their seminal roles as DC’s Trinity in the Justice League & Justice League Unlimited animated series, and believe the fans will be equally pleased with their return to these characters.”
Directed by Sam Liu, with a script by Eric Carrasco, Jim Krieg and Alan Burnett based on an original story by Carrasco, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five stars George Newbern, Kevin Conroy, Susan Eisenberg, Elyes Gabel, Diane Guerrero, Daniela Bobadilla, Kevin Michael Richardson, Noel Fisher, Tara Strong, Peter Jessop, Matthew Yang, Sumalee Montano, Philip Anthony Rodriguez, and Tom Kenny. The movie will be available on March 30th, 2019.