Though Steppenwolf won't make his big screen debut until "Justice League," the latest trailer for the Ultimate Cut of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" offers a quick glimpse of the villain for fans too eager to wait.
Steppenwolf's "Justice League" role was foreshadowed in a deleted "Batman v Superman" scene, which will be available on the Ultimate Edition Blu-ray, where Steppenwolf appears before Lex Luthor on a Kryptonian ship. You can watch the scene here.
Steppenwolf's cameo will be just one of a dozen or so scenes that were cut from the film; the Ultimate Cut will include 30 minutes of additional footage, including this pinnacle moment.
"We call it the 'Ultimate Cut' because to me it's a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version," Snyder said in March. "I would say that we didn't really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that's kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that's what you get."
Although the bonus features are subject to change between now and the late June 15 release, here's the lineup of features on the home release as of now, courtesy of ComicBookMovie:
- Uniting the World's Finest
- Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants
- The Warrior, the Myth, the Wonder
- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
- Analyzing a New Legacy of Design: Superman
- Analyzing a New Legacy of Design: Batman
- Analyzing A New Legacy of Design: The Batcave
- The Might And The Power of a Punch
- The Empire of Luthor
- Save The Bats
- That's in addition to the two cuts of the film, and the Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD discs.
Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition" arrives on Digital HD June 28 and on Blu-ray July 19.