Lex Luthor is putting together his own Legion of Doom to combat the Justice League, and his recruiting methods are going to the extreme. In order to recruit Cheetah and Black Manta to his cause, the solicitations for Justice League #8 reveal that Luthor will use any means to bring them to his side. Even if it means using one of the Dark Multiverse's most vile inhabitants to entice them.
As revealed in Justice League #1 by Scott Snyder and Jim Cheung, Luthor "put a monster in the basement" as part of his plan to unleash doom across the world. That wasn't a metaphor, because Cheetah and Black Manta will discover on September 19 that the Batman Who Laughs is the mysterious prisoner being held in Legion of Doom headquarters. This is an interesting turn of events, and not just because the character's inclusion has been completely spoiled by the issue's solicit text.
Introduced as a member of the most twisted collection of Batmen from the Dark Multiverse in Dark Nights: Metal, the Batman Who Laughs broke out to become a major threat on his own. He survived the events of the six-issue series and has has been spotted in Immortal Men, by James Tynion IV, Jim Lee, Ryan Benjamin, and Tyler Kirkham, where he seems to be manipulating the battle between two houses of immortals.
This Batman-turned-Joker once held a mysterious prisoner under his control, which turned out to be the original Monitor from Crisis on Infinite Earths. Now the cosmic villain is getting a taste of his own medicine, with Lex holding him against his will. But how can Lex hope to contain such a monster, and will the rest of the team be on board with this?
JUSTICE LEAGUE #8
- written by JAMES TYNION IV
- art and cover by MIKEL JANIN
- variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
- 1:100 pencils only variant cover by JIM LEE
- Part two of the “Legion of Doom” storyline focuses on Lex Luthor’s recruiting efforts—and this time around, he’s targeting both Cheetah and Black Manta for membership! Lex knows just what buttons to push to acquire his super-powered muscle, and this issue it’s all about getting revenge on Wonder Woman and Aquaman, respectively. We bet they sign right up as soon as they find out Lex has METAL’s Batman Who Laughs locked up in Doom HQ!
- ON SALE 09.19.18
- $3.99 US - 32 PAGES
- FC - RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.