Dan Cassidy, the Blue Devil, is a DC Comics superhero who was first created back in 1984. This stuntman-turned-robotic demon first appeared back in Fury of Firestorm #24 and has gone on to appear in numerous series since then, including his very own, which ran from 1984 to 1986.
Blue Devil sort of disappeared following DC’s New 52 era, but is now preparing to make a big comeback on the pages of December’s Justice League Dark #6. The catch, however, is that this time around, he’s going to be a bad guy.
As it turns out, Blue Devil has a serious bone to pick with Detective Chimp, who left him stranded in the realm of Myrra to get eaten by zombies following an attempted resurrection spell gone awry. Judging by the comic’s cover, Blue Devil is still pretty sore about it.
In turn, the former stuntman has trapped the Justice League Dark themselves in Myrra, bound and determined to take his revenge on Bobo T. Chimpanzee. How Wonder Woman and company will react to all of this is currently up in the air.
The cover and full solicitation text for Justice League Dark #6 can be found below.
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #6
- written by JAMES T. TYNION IV
- art by JUAN ALBARRAN and DANIEL SAMPERE
- cover by NICOLA SCOTT
- variant cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
- The Justice League Dark… trapped in the mystic realm of Myrra! Their jailer? Blue Devil… and he wants revenge on Detective Chimp! Seems Bobo tried to magically resurrect his best friend, the original Nightmaster, but lost control of the spell and filled Myrra with zombies instead. And left Blue Devil behind to get eaten. So BD’s kinda sorta maybe got a reason to be pissed. With that in mind, will Wonder Woman and the rest of the JLD even step up to help Bobo against a raging Blue Devil? That sounds bananas to us
- ON SALE 12.12.18
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!