Comic-Con International has announced the judging panel for the 2015 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards.
The six-person committee will meet in early April in San Diego to select the nominees to be placed on the Eisner ballot, which will then be voted on by comics industry professionals. The judges are:
- Carr D'Angelo, founding owner of Earth-2 Comics in Sherman Oaks and Northridge, California, and vice president of the direct-market trade organization ComicsPRO
- Richard Graham, media librarian and associate professor at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, and managing editor of the academic e-journal SANE (Sequential Art Narratives in Education)
- Sean Howe, author of the Eisner-winning Marvel Comics: The Untold Story
- Susan Kirtley, associate professor of English and director of rhetoric and composition at Portland (Oregon) State University, where she's developing a comics studies program
- Ron McFee, a 35-year volunteer for Comic-Con International and a longtime member of the Convention Committee
- Maggie Thompson, longtime co-editor of Comics Buyer's Guide
Guidelines for submitting materials will be released in early January; deadline for entries is March 17. The winners will be announced July 10 during an awards ceremony held in conjunction with Comic-Con International in San Diego.