Jobs @ CBR
CBR is looking to add a part-time Nights and Weekend Editor to its team, effective August 2015. Duties include:
- Editing stories submitted by CBR Staff Writers for content, grammar and style and preparing them for publication using basic HTML and CBR’s content management system.
- Preparing comic book previews for publication in CBR’s content management system.
- Writing original stories, including breaking news and weekend box office reports.
- Helping to maintain CBR’s presence on multiple social media platforms.
- Working with CBR contributors, providing feedback on submitted articles when needed.
- Working with publicity contacts at publishers and studios to acquire information and assets for articles and other CBR features.
- Working with CBR’s editorial staff on the CBR publishing schedule and other site functions.
- Helping to coordinate convention coverage, including editing and publishing live panels
Applicant must be highly motivated, available nights and at least four weekend days a month, and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Basic understanding of HTML (advanced HTML skills are a plus).
- Beginner/Intermediate level experience working with Adobe Photoshop (advanced level experience is a plus).
- A current and reliable computer.
- Broad knowledge of published comics, genre film and television, video games, etc.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
The following skills are not required, but ideal:
- Previous experience interviewing comic creators and writing comics-centric articles.
- Previous experience as an editor for a magazine or website in the pop culture news realm.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of social networking sites and applications.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization common practices.
Qualified applicants in all geographic locations will be considered, but those in Los Angeles will be prioritized ahead of applicants outside Los Angeles. The position is part time, with more time possible on weekends of major conventions, potential weekday daytime fill-ins and other opportunities for advancement.
Applicants should send their resume and any relevant clips to email@example.com with the subject line: CBR Nights/Weekend Editor Application. Absolutely no phone calls.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!