CBR is looking to add a part-time Assistant Online Editor in Los Angeles to its ranks, effective February 2010. An Assistant Online Editor’s duties include:
- Editing and/or re-writing stories submitted by CBR Staff writers for content, grammar and readability and preparing them for publication using basic HTML and CBR’s content management system.
- Preparing previews and press releases for publication in CBR’s content management system.
- Writing original stories, covering breaking news and other events.
- Working with CBR contributors, providing feedback on submitted articles when necessary.
- Working with publicity contacts at publishers and studios to acquire information and assets for stories and other CBR features.
- Working with CBR Senior Editors on CBR publishing schedule and other site functions.
Applicant must be highly motivated, have flexible hours, be available for occasional weekend convention coverage and other work, and possess the following requirements:
- Strong grasp of language with respect to interviews and news articles.
- Basic understanding of HTML (Dreamweaver skills are a plus, advanced HTML skills are a plus+).
- Beginner/Intermediate level experience working with Adobe Photoshop (advanced level experience is a plus+).
- A current and reliable computer.
- Broad knowledge of published comics, genre film and television, video games, etc.
- Great interpersonal skills.
The following skills are not requirements, but ideal:
- Previous experience interviewing comic creators and writing comics-centric articles.
- Previous experience as an editor for a magazine or Web site in the pop culture news realm.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Advanced knowledge of social networking sites and applications.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization common practices.
This position is for an Assistant Online Editor located in Los Angeles only. All applicants must live in or are already planning on moving to Los Angeles. Position is part time, with approximately 20-25 hours worth of work a week, with the potential for growth after the first three months. Applicant will work out of our Hollywood based studio.
Applicants must send a resume and one-sheet detailing their skills to Jonah Weiland at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Editor Opening.” Please, no phone calls. All e-mails will be responded to within 72 hours of receipt.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!