Brian Michael Bendis' upcoming Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium teased one of DC's most unlikely heroes receiving the gift of immortality, which would make her the focal point the centuries-spanning comic. Just exactly who the book would center on wasn't initially clear. However a first look at Jim Lee's pages for the first issue of the two-part series reveals Thorn is the book's mysterious protagonist.
Thorn appeared in the latest two issues of Bendis' Action Comics run, serving as something of an ally to the Man of Steel. As the first look is unlettered, it's unclear exactly how Thorn will end up gaining the immortality that will carry her through the upcoming series, though during her battle with the Suicide Squad she appears to be standing in radioactive material.
You can see the first look and read the solicitation for it below.
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: MILLENNIUM #1
- written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
- art by JIM LEE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, ANDREA SORRENTINO, ANDRE ARAUJO and others
- cover by RYAN SOOK
- variant cover by TBA
- Brought to you by some of comics’ greatest talents, this epic story spans the course of 1,000 years and, for the very first time, connects all of DC’s future timelines! Starring the unlikeliest of DC heroes as she learns to cope with newfound immortality and roams through the disparate societies of Batman Beyond, Kamandi and Tommy Tomorrow, wrestling with her own inner demons and desperately trying to find her purpose in an ever-changing world. Do not miss this truly unique take on tomorrow’s DC Universe, all leading up to a special launch on the millennium!
- ON SALE 09.04.19
- $4.99 US | 1 OF 2 | 40 PAGES
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Prior to the start of his ongoing Legion of Super-Heroes series, Bendis will helm Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium, a two-part series featuring stories with such characters as as Supergirl, Batman Beyond, Kamandi, Tommy Tomorrow, Booster Gold, OMAC and, of course, the Legion of Super-Heroes. The series will feature work by multiple artists in addition to lee, including Nicola Scott, Jim Cheung and Dustin Nguyen.
Legion of Super-Heroes: Millennium releases September 4.