pinterest-p mail bubble share2 google-plus facebook twitter rss reddit linkedin2 stumbleupon
TOP

CBR

The Premium The Premium The Premium

Jennifer Lawrence Says Fox “Should Be Terrified” Of Her “X-Men” Contract

by  in Movie News Comment
Jennifer Lawrence Says Fox “Should Be Terrified” Of Her “X-Men” Contract

It’s long been known that “X-Men: Apocalypse” marks the third and final film in the contracts signed by four of the franchise’s lead actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult. There’s been much discussion about whether or not the quartet will return for more mutant movies following “Apocalypse.” Lawrence has alternated between certainty and uncertainty before, and a new interview with Entertainment Weekly adds a new wrinkle.

“Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking,” said Lawrence. “Like, ‘Will you come back?’ ‘I dunno.’ ‘I’ll come back, if you come back.’ Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are.” The finer details of this all-or-nothing contract stipulation aren’t known for sure, and it’s also possible that the affable Lawrence is kidding around.

Either way, it doesn’t yet sound like Lawrence is totally certain she’ll be back for more. “I would love to come back,” continued Lawrence. “I love the fans and I love the character. But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is. I don’t know. I shouldn’t be that honest.”

Lawrence previously played Mystique in 2011’s “X-Men: First Class” and 2014’s “X-Men: Days of Future Past.” Over those years, Lawrence has starred in the massively popular “Hunger Games” franchise and won an Academy Award for “Silver Linings Playbook.”

“X-Men: Apocalypse” opens on May 27.

  • Ad Free Browsing
  • Over 10,000 Videos!
  • All in 1 Access
  • Join For Free!
GO PREMIUM WITH CBR
Go Premium!

More Videos