After serving as editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle and a brief stint as mayor of New York City, J. Jonah Jameson may have just landed his dream job in the pages of The Amazing Spider-Man.
As revealed by Marvel's solicitations for December 2018, J. Jonah Jameson will begin a new career as a radio shock jock in The Amazing Spider-Man #11. The full solicit info for the upcoming issue and standard cover by artist Ryan Ottley are below:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #11
- NICK SPENCER (W)
- RYAN OTTLEY (A/C)
- Fantastic Four Villains Variant Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
- Conan vs Marvel Heroes Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
- Animation Variant Cover also available
- J. JONAH JAMESON has a new job as a shock jock, but is the world ready for a pro-Spider-Man JJJ?
- More importantly, is Spider-Man ready? His post-secret-identity relationship with Jonah was already complicated, but this very public embrace may put him over the edge!
- Spidey’s definitely not ready for the Enforcers to come at him harder than ever!
- 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Featuring the creative team of Ottley and writer Nick Spencer who relaunched the title this summer, Peter Parker's identity as the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man is now known to JJJ for the first time since Mark Millar and Steve McNiven's Civil War.
And while the recent Spider-Man PlayStation 4 video game and the animated series Ultimate Spider-Man both had depicted Jameson as a radio talk show host with an obsessive grudge against the webslinger, the upcoming comic book feature a stunning role reversal for the longtime Spider-Man critic.
The Amazing Spider-Man #11 is written by Nick Spencer and illustrated by Ryan Ottley. It is scheduled to go on sale this December from Marvel Comics.