Director Marc Webb today began meeting with actresses to star opposite Andrew Garfield in the upcoming reboot of Columbia Pictures’ Spider-Man franchise. However, Heat Vision reports, that Peter Parker’s love interest won’t be Mary Jane Watson.
According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Borys Kit, the contenders for the role — whether that’s Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy or a new character — include:
• Lily Collins, 21, who appeared in 2009’s The Blind Side and will next be seen in Priest
• Ophelia Lovibond, the 24-year-old co-star of Nowhere Boy
• Imogen Poots, 21, who appeared in 28 Weeks Later and co-stars in the Fright Night remake
• Teresa Palmer, 24, who was the love interest in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and is now shooting I Am Number Four
• Emma Roberts, the 19-year-old co-star of Hotel For Dogs who reportedly has flown in twice from the set of Scream 4 to read for Webb
Spider-Man is set to begin filming in December for a planned July 3, 2012, release. The reboot, which will take Peter Parker back to high school, is expected to draw inspiration from Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley’s Ultimate Spider-Man, rather than the Stan Lee and Steve Ditko comics of the 1960s.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!