"Like the inexorable turning of pages on a calendar, we’ve been building up to the arrival of 2020 and the advent of Arno Stark as Iron Man ever since this latest run began!" Marvel Executive Editor Tom Breevort said in a statement. "Here, all of the larger themes we’ve been playing with will come to the fore in a big, sweeping, epic action movie that anyone can enjoy!"
Created in 1984's Machine Man #2, Arno Stark/Iron Man 2020 was the first cousin once removed (though sometimes nephew) of a Tony Stark from an alternate Earth. After gaining control of the Iron Man armor, Arno served as a mercenary and worked with the villain Sunset Bain against a resurrected Machine Man. Kieron Gillen and Dale Eaglesham introduced a different version of Arno to Earth-616 during "The Secret Origin of Tony Stark," though there wasn't much of a connection between this character and the original.
IRON MAN 2020 #1
- Written by DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE
- Penciled by PETE WOODS
- Cover by PETE WOODS
- IT’S A NEW IRON MAN FOR A NEW YEAR!
- The future is now! Artificial Intelligences present a clear and present danger to humanity and must be brought to heel!
- The Robot Rebellion battles for the establishment of robot rights!
- And Arno Stark IS Iron Man!
- PLUS! Pete Woods’ main cover art will feature a 5TH COLOR FLOURESCENT INK TREATMENT!
Iron Man 2020 #1, by Dan Slott, Christos Gage and Pete Woods, arrives in Jan. 2020 from Marvel.