The Inferior Five are poised to make their DC Rebirth debut this September with an all-star creative team behind the relaunch.
DC Comics has released its advance solicitation information for September 2019, including an Inferior Five miniseries by Keith Giffen, Jeff Lemire and Michelle Delecki. The upcoming comic reimagines the team as a group of misfits targeted for observing sinister developments in the DC Universe. Lemire will also write and illustrate a backup story starring Peacemaker, tasked by Amanda Waller through Checkmate to locate a mysterious weapon. The advance solicit info and cover by Giffen and Delecki are below:
INFERIOR FIVE #1
- written by KEITH GIFFEN and JEFF LEMIRE
- art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and MICHELLE DELECKI
- backup story written by JEFF LEMIRE
- backup story art by JEFF LEMIRE
- variant cover by JEFF LEMIRE
- The citizens of Dangerfield, Arizona, are beset by strange goings-on after the “Invasion” that rocked the DC Universe, but only five misfit kids seem to notice them. Can they uncover what’s happening before some sinister force collects them all? Find out in this new miniseries!
- And in the backup feature with story and art by Jeff Lemire, the Peacemaker is on a top-secret mission from Checkmate and Amanda Waller to find a mysterious weapon before the Russians can.
- ON SALE 09.18.18 | $3.99 US
- 1 OF 12 | 32 PAGES | FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Created by Nelson Bridwell, Joe Orlando, and Mike Esposito in 1966's Showcase #62, the Inferior Five started as a parody of super-teams in the DCU. A reimagining of the team by Giffen and Lemire has been in the works for some time and was first announced by Lemire in October 2017.
Inferior Five #1 is written by Keith Giffen and Jeff Lemire and illustrated by Giffen, Lemire, and Michelle Delecki. It is scheduled to go on sale on September 18 from DC Comics.