Since the title's launch back in June, The Immortal Hulk has done a lot to revisit the Jade Giant's horror roots, giving much darker and more disturbing looks at the character's world and supporting cast. It sounds like this trend won't be stopping anytime soon, as a deceased enemy from Hulk's past will return to kill him from beyond the grave in The Immortal Hulk #9.
That villain just happens to be Carl Creel, the Absorbing Man, who has the power to duplicate the physical properties of anyone he touches. Given how The Immortal Hulk is a darker title than other Hulk comics, having a dead adversary come back to finish off the Hulk would fit into the more terrifying tone of the book. But with a much smarter Hulk now the focus of the book, this villain is going to up against a very different Hulk.
IMMORTAL HULK #9
- AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT & MARTIN SIMMONDS (A)
- Cover by ALEX ROSS
- UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY ART ADAMS
- Carl Creel was just trying to live. But sometimes trying isn’t enough.
- Now, to save the life he built for himself — and maybe everything else — Carl Creel has to do the impossible.
- The Absorbing Man has to kill the IMMORTAL HULK.
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99