Official press release
San Diego, CA (July 20, 2007)-With the 2007 San Diego Comic-Concoming to town next week, IDW Publishing is ready to mix it up withthe legions of comics fans, both celebrating existing titles, andannouncing new projects that further build upon their benchmark ofquality.
Among the exclusive titles that IDW will be debuting at their booth(#2229) are:
- 30 Days of Night: Red Snow #1 Comic-Con Exclusive Edition: Anexclusive cover heralds this debut 30 Days of night comic written anddrawn by Ben Templesmith; a flip-book 5-page preview of the SteveNiles/Bill Sienkiewicz 30 Days of Night: Beyond Barrow is included inthis con exclusive. All three creators will be signing on Saturday atIDW's booth. See below for full signing schedule.
- Nick Simmons' Skullduggery/Simmons Comics Group Comic-ConExclusive Edition: a special preview edition that debuts NickSimmons' comic book, as well as a preview of all of the SimmonsComics Groups titles. Gene and Nick Simmons will be signing copies ofthe book on Saturday.
- Beowulf Comic-Con Promo Edition: a free 8-page advance preview ofIDW's coming Beowulf movie adaptation, due in October.
- Ashley Wood's 48 Nude Girls Comic-Con Exclusive Edition
Additionally, copies of the following books will be premiering atComic-Con and only available at IDW's booth:
- Terry and the Pirates, Vol. 1 HC: the first of six hardcovervolumes presenting the groundbreaking Milton Caniff newspaper strip.
- Zombies Vs Robots HC: a special oversize 80-page hardcovercollecting the Chris Ryall/Ashley Wood series and three prequelstories. Ryall and Wood will be signing copies on Thursday and Saturday.
In addition to providing fans with the chance to meet their favoritewriters and artists on the convention center's main exhibition floorat scheduling signing times, IDW will be participating in a number ofpanel discussions with topics ranging from Angel, Star Trek,Transformers, Classic American Comic Strips, and more.
COMIC-CON PANELS OF NOTE:
- IDW Publishing Panel – Friday, July 27, 11:30am-12:30pm, Room 4
This panel will present an overview of IDW Publishing's upcomingprojects, including an Angel: After the Fall comic by Joss Whedon andBrian Lynch, as well as updates on the upcoming Star Trek andTransformers series, and word on new series as well. Participantsinclude: science fiction writer and co-founder of boingboing.net,Cory Doctorow; comic writer Mike Baron, screenwriter Brian Lynch,Klingons writer Scott Tipton, and more. Presiding over the panel willbe IDW's Publisher/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall, who promises tobreak some big news at this panel.
- 30 Days of Night Panel– Saturday, July 28, 5:15-6:45pm, Hall H
This panel will include some filmmakers, as well as people involvedin creating the comics. Participants include: the comic's creators,Steve Niles and Ben Templesmith, the film's producer Sam Raimi,director, David Slade, actor Josh Hartnett, and more.
- Star Trek– Saturday, July 28, 10:30am-11:30pm, Room 2
This panel will be an overview of IDW Publishing's Star Trekprojects. Participants include: Star Trek editor Dan Taylor andKlingons and upcoming Star Trek: The Next Generation writer ScottTipton, as well as Pocket Books editors and more.
- Hasbro / IDW /Cartoon Network: Transformers– Saturday, July 28,11:45am-1:15pm, Room 6A
This panel will be an overview of upcoming toys, movie-relatedprojects, the new animated series, and comic books connected toTransformers.Participants include: IDW's Publisher/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryalland Hasbro and Cartoon Network personnel to be announced.
- Great American Comic Strips– Saturday, July 28, 1:30-2:30pm,Room 4
This panel will discuss the process and projects related to archivalreprints of comic strips like Dick Tracy, Terry and the Pirates andLittle Orphan Annie.
IDW SIGNING SCHEDULE
Thursday, July 26
3:00pm-4:00pm: Zombies vs Robots (including the debut of the Zombiesvs Robots HC)
- Chris Ryall
- Ashley Wood
Friday, July 27
3:00pm-4:00pm: Star Trek and Angel (including the debut of Star Trek:Year Four #1 and Focus On ... Star Trek)
- Brian Lynch (Spike: Asylum, Spike: Shadow Puppets)
- Joe Corroney (Star Trek: Year Four, Star Trek Klingons: Blood WillTell)
- Casey Maloney (Star Trek TNG: The Space Between)
- Dan Taylor (Star Trek editor)
- David Tipton (Star Trek Klingons: Blood Will Tell)
- Scott Tipton (Star Trek Klingons: Blood Will Tell, Angel: AuldLang Syne)
- David Tischman (Star Trek: Year Four, Star Trek TNG: The SpaceBetween)
4:00pm-5:00pm: Fallen Angel (including the debut of the Fallen AngelPremiere Edition HC)
- Peter David
- J.K. Woodward
Saturday, July 28
10:00am: 30 Days of Night (including the con-exclusive 30 Days ofNight: Red Snow/Beyond Barrow promo comic, and Beyond Barrow and 30Days of Night movie posters)
- Steve Niles
- Ben Templesmith
- David Slade (Director, 30 Days of Night)
- Bill Sienkiewicz (30 Days of Night: Beyond Barrow)
- Gene Simmons
- Nick Simmons
3:00pm-4:00pm: The Transformers
- Don Figueroa (Transformers Movie Prequel, Beast Wars)
- Simon Furman (Transformers: Escalation, Transformers MoviePrequel, Beast Wars)
- Eric Holmes (Megatron Origin)
- Alex Milne (Transformers Movie Adaptation, Megatron Origin)
- E.J Su (Transformers: Infiltration, Escalation)
4:00pm-5:00pm: Zombies vs Robots (including the debut of the Zombiesvs Robots HC)
- Chris Ryall
- Ashley Wood
About IDW Publishing
IDW PUBLISHING is a division of Idea and Design Works, LLC. Amongtheir best-selling titles are Hasbro's THE TRANSFORMERS; Fox'sANGEL, Paramount's STAR TREK, and FALLEN ANGEL. IDW's 30 DAYS OFNIGHT film is in development and will be released by Sony Pictures inOctober 2007.More information about the company can be found atwww.idwpublishing.com. Information on the Simmons Comics Group lineof comics can be found at www.Simmons-Comics.com.