WARNING: The following article contains possible spoilers for Heroes in Crisis #8 by Tom King, Clay Mann and Mitch Gerads, on sale April 24.
Wally West was one of the many superheroes to be killed in DC's murder-mystery miniseries, Heroes in Crisis. The bloody event at the top secret Sanctuary facility is primed to tear the DC Universe apart once the general public discovers what took place there, especially when the "Whodunit" aspect is finally revealed.
April's Heroes in Crisis #8 promises to finally unmask the killer, but the penultimate issue's cover offers readers and fans a glimpse into what the DC Universe future holds for Wally West -- and it all depends on how you interpret it.
Illustrated by Mitch Gerads, the Heroes in Crisis #8 cover features Wally, dressed as The Flash, and Linda Park sitting in the open grass fields of the Sanctuary grounds. Joining them to watch the sunset are their twins, Jai and Iris, also donning their superspeed suits.
While the cover shows a happy family together, there is more here than meets the eye. For starters, the New 52 reboot of the DC Universe resulted in erasing Wally and Linda's marriage along with the existence of the twins. However, DC Rebirth started to reintroduce concepts and characters from the pre-New 52 Universe. First came Wally West in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, with his pre-New 52 memories also returning in The Flash's "Flash War" story arc.
Wally's obsession with finding his missing children led him to check into the metahuman crisis center known as Sanctuary, where he was ultimately killed. Does the Heroes in Crisis #8 cover somehow show The West Family finally together again in the afterlife? Was his death the only way to make this reunion happen? Well, most likely not, since Linda is currently alive and DC teasing the twins' return. Or, will Jai and Iris somehow revive their dad and bring him back to the land of the living for a happy ending?
Check out the cover to Heroes in Crisis #8 below, along with the issue's solicitation text:
HEROES IN CRISIS #8
- written by TOM KING
- art by CLAY MANN and MITCH GERADS
- cover by MITCH GERADS
- variant cover by RYAN SOOK
- You’ve seen all the clues. You’ve heard the testimony and eavesdropped on the secret confessions of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes. Now, with the killer revealed, it’s time to find out why. What could have driven a hero to the brink, to turn a savior into a murderer? Rifts will form between old allies, and the trinity of Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman will have their leadership challenged and will question their own judgment. Sanctuary has become something they never imagined…and it’s still potentially carrying on without them!
- ON SALE 04.24.19
- $3.99 US | 8 of 9 | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.