The Justice League will start the new year with a grudge match between Hawkgirls while the rest of the team tries to contain the cosmic hero Starman.
January's Justice League #15 written by James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder with art by Stephen Segovia, Jim Cheung, and Mark Morales, will see Kendra Saunders lead Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern on a fight with Silver Age Hawkgirl Shayera Hol on Thanagarian-Prime. The standard cover by Cheung and advance solicitation information of the upcoming issue from DC Comics is below:
JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
- written by JAMES TYNION IV and SCOTT SNYDER
- art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JIM CHEUNG, and MARK MORALES
- cover by JIM CHEUNG
- variant cover by WILL CONRAD
- Hawk fight! Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl clash with Shayera Hol (also a Hawkgirl) when the League trio tries to break into a secret vault deep within Thanagar Prime—and the feathers are gonna fly! Speaking of secrets, M.M. learns one about himself and Lex Luthor, as related to him by the Martian Keep, guardian of all Martian wisdom and history. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman must stop Starman from going nova.
- ON SALE 01.09.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Kendra Saunders' incarnation of Hawkgirl was introduced the DC Rebirth era DC Universe in the recent crossover event Dark Knights: Metal. Soon after she joined the team, the Shayera Hol incarnation of the high-flying superhero, who occasionally goes by the moniker Hawkwoman, was introduced to the Rebirth era in this year's relaunched Hawkman ongoing series based on the Thanagarian homeworld.
Judging by the solicit info, the two Hawkgirls will not exactly see eye-to-eye.
Justice League #15 is written by James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder and illustrated by Stephen Segovia, Jim Cheung, and Mark Morales. It is scheduled to be released on January 9, 2019 by DC Comics.