DC Comics has unveiled the logo for the celebration of the 25th anniversary of fan-favorite antiheroine Harley Quinn, which culminates in September with the release of the appropriately named Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special.
The logo arrives at the end of a short video recapping the many visual looks for the Maid of Mischief, and features a silhouette of Harley’s original look from Batman: The Animated Series. The silhouette is split down the middle, with the left side red and right side black, and the phrase “Harley Quin 25” emblazoned across it.
Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary Special is scheduled for release nearly 25 years to the day after “Joker’s Favor” first aired. Creators contributing to the one-shot include the longtime creative team of the current Harley Quinn ongoing series, co-writers Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti and artist Chad Hardin, plus Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini (the writer of “Joker’s Favor,” who has recently been co-writing back-up stories in the Harley Quinn ongoing) and a story from Chip Zdarsky & Joe Quinones, who collaborated on Marvel’s tonally similar Howard the Duck. This marks Zdarsky’s first work for DC Comics.
— DC (@DCComics) July 14, 2017
Additionally, Conner is illustrating a portion of the special, along with the main cover. Jim Lee has illustrated a variant (with the character in attire similar to Margot Robbie’s version in the Suicide Squad film), as has Harley Quinn co-creator Bruce Timm.
“Jimmy and Amanda have come up with a great version of Harley that keeps her relevant for today’s readership,” Dini told CBR earlier this month of DC’s recent Harley Quinn stories. “It keeps her fun. It keeps her funny. It’s always true to the character, and it’s always new. I really enjoy being surprised with everyone else each issue to see what they are coming up with.”
Below is the Jim Lee variant cover to the issue, plus the solicitation text for the issue.
HARLEY QUINN 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1
- Written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, PAUL DINI and CHIP ZDARSKY
- Art by AMANDA CONNER, CHAD HARDIN, JOE QUINONES and others
- Cover by AMANDA CONNER
- Variant covers by JIM LEE and BRUCE TIMM
- Celebrate twenty-five years of Harley Quinn with this collection of stories by some legendary Harley talent and some who’ve never drawn her before! How does Harley manage her insanely jam-packed life on Coney Island? What haven’t we seen from her past with the Joker? And can even Harley’s psychological acumen crack the twisted mind of…Robin, the Boy Wonder?
- One-shot • On sale SEPTEMBER 6 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!