DC Comics' The Green Lantern #8 will feature writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp's modern take on Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams' classic Green Lantern/Green Arrow team-up comics.
Titled "Space Junkies," this issue will see Hal Jordan joining forces with Oliver Queen to take on a drug cartel from outer space who are using Earth as a distribution base. Of course, this is sure to evoke memories of the 1971 two-issue Green Lantern/Green Arrow story arc "Snowbirds Don't Fly," which saw Hal and Oliver tracking down a group of junkies who had turned to mugging to get drug money. That arc somewhat infamously revealed that Oliver's sidekick Roy Harper/Speedy was one of them.
"Snowbirds Don't Fly" is now considered a landmark story in regards to DC tackling more mature themes in the pages of its comics. While Morrison and Sharp's modern take may feature dealers from beyond the stars, it appears as though it is set to tackle very similar issues through a modern lens.
The full solicitation information for The Green Lantern #8, as well as Liam Sharp's cover and Toni Infante's variant, can be found below.
THE GREEN LANTERN #8
- written by GRANT MORRISON
- art and cover by LIAM SHARP
- variant cover by TONI INFANTE
- Green Lantern teams up with Green Arrow to stop a cosmic drug cartel that’s using Earth as its main distribution base! It’s a brilliant homage to the team-ups of old, as Morrison and Sharp do the 2019 version in a story we can only call “Space Junkies!”
- ON SALE 06.05.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
The Green Lantern #8 goes on sale June 5.