Grant Morrison and Xermanico's Green Lantern: Blackstars has seen Hal Jordan once again breaking bad and joining up with the titular authoritarian organization. DC has given CBR an exclusive preview of the second installment of the three-issue miniseries, which centers around a conversation between Superman and Jordan as the Blackstars prepare to subjugate Earth.
The preview, in Morrison's style, makes reference to a lot of different aspects of DC's continuity, including when Bruce Wayne's Aunt Harriet became Batman and more. The look also features Wonder Woman seemingly cutting off the nether regions of a character called Tyrant Bull. You can see CBR's exclusive preview of the issue below along with its solicitation information.
GREEN LANTERN: BLACKSTARS #2
- written by GRANT MORRISON
- art by XERMANICO
- cover by LIAM SHARP
- variant cover by DARICK ROBERTSON
- Target: Earth! Hal Jordan and the Blackstars will stop at nothing to bend the planet to its leader’s whims, and Earth’s greatest heroes pull out all the stops to fight these fascists. Betrayals of cosmic consequence abound! And why is Earth’s sun turning orange? We can only hope Superman figures that one out before it’s too late...
- ON SALE 12.04.19
- $3.99 US |2 OF 3|32 PAGES
- This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Green Lantern: Blackstars #2 goes on sale Dec. 4 from DC.