Official Press Release
With the Dredd film, starring Karl Urban, set to debut later this year, two of the world's biggest comic book writers are brought together to send the world's most famous lawman on a mission to find God!
Judge Dredd: Crusade sees Grant Morrison (Batman and Robin, All Star Superman) team up with Mark Millar (Kick Ass, Wanted) acclaimed artist Mick Austin (Doctor Who) in a new collection for the US and Canada - that has never been reprinted before - and comes with a brand new cover from comic book legend Brian Bolland.
In a riot of violence at the ends of the Earth, when a scientist returns from a 15-year deep space mission claiming to have a message from God himself, judges from all of the world's Mega-Cities race to Antarctica to try and claim the secret for themselves.
Among them is the toughest future lawman of them all - Judge Dredd - but in the scramble to secure the scientist, the judges all brutally turn on each other as the prize proves too much to resist!
Meanwhile, a deadly agent from one of the world's superpowers stalks through the warzone, hoping that the confusion will ease his path to securing the secrets of the cosmos!
In the back-up story The Frankenstein Division by Mark Millar and Carlos Ezquerra, the sinister judges of East Meg create the ultimate judge by stitching together pieces of their best. But when it goes on the rampage it heads for Mega-City One and the one man responsible for the death of its many 'donors' - Dredd himself!
About the creative team
Grant Morrison is the biggest name in today's comic book industry, bar none. After his break for 2000 AD, Zenith, in the 1980s Morrison penned mind-bending cult classics such as The Invisibles and Doom Patrol for DC, before reinvigorating Superman, the X-Men and Batman in award-winning runs.
Mark Millar is a cult media superstar whose work has been turned into major Hollywood movies. He is known for titles such as his award-winning writing on The Authority, The Ultimates, Civil War, Wanted and Kick-Ass.
Book jacket illustrator Mick Austin contributed to several 2000 AD series, including Future Shocks, Indigo Prime, Judge Anderson, Judge Dredd, Tales of the Doghouse, Terror Tales, Urban Strike and Vector 13. He also drew the controversial suicide of Judge Corey story in 1989.
2000 AD legend Carlos Ezquerra not only co-created Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog but also illustrated A.B.C. Warriors, Judge Anderson and Al's Baby amongst many others. He is now a regular collaborator with Garth Ennis.
About 2000 AD
- Britain's longest running and most celebrated sci-fi comic
- at the cutting edge of contemporary pop culture since 1977
- multi-award winning 32 page, weekly anthology
- a cocktail of explosive sci-fi and fantasy, infused with a mean streak of irony and wry black humour
- Giving birth to iconic characters such as Judge Dredd, Halo Jones, Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper
- launched the careers of some of the top names in global comics, including Alan Moore, Mark Millar, Grant Morrison, Brian Bolland, Steve Dillon, Jock, and Peter Milligan.
- 2000 AD, its monthly sister publication The Judge Dredd Megazine, and its extensive range of collected graphic novels are available to buy online, from all major magazine retailers across the UK and Europe and from all good comic stores across the US.
- a new movie based on Judge Dredd, starring Karl Urban and produced by the firm behind 28 Days Later, Trainspotting and Sunshine, is set to premiere on 21st September 2012.
Go to www.2000ADonline.com for all the latest 2000 AD news, interviews and previews