It seems like a near-certainty that the fifth and final season of Gotham will finally introduce the iconic Batman villain known as Bane when the show returns to television in 2019.
TheWrap was able to obtain the titles of the first eight episodes of Gotham: Season 5. According to this list, the eight episode of season 5 is simply titled "I Am Bane." That's about as explicit as you could possibly get.
Bane is, of course, known for being one of the toughest adversaries Batman has ever faced. He famously broke the Bat shortly after making his debut in DC's iconic "Knightfall" storyline. Additionally, if Bane does, in fact, pop up in Season 5 of Gotham, it will mark the character's very first live-action television appearance, as well as his third overall (the first two being in 1997's Batman & Robin and 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.)
The full list of Gotham season 5 episode titles can be found below.
- Gotham - Episode 5.01 - Year Zero
- Gotham - Episode 5.02 - Trespassers
- Gotham - Episode 5.03 - Penguin, Our Hero
- Gotham - Episode 5.04 - Ruin
- Gotham - Episode 5.05 - Pena Dura
- Gotham - Episode 5.06 - The Air is Getting Slippery
- Gotham - Episode 5.07 - TBA
- Gotham - Episode 5.08 - I Am Bane
Gotham stars Ben McKenzie as James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Robin Lord Taylor as Penguin, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, and Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth.