DC Comics has unveiled the first look at Jason Fabok's art from December's "Justice League vs. Suicide Squad" #1, which kicks off Rebirth's first major event. In addition, the publisher released a complete rundown of artists for the six-issue crossover.
Written by Joshua Williamson, the weekly miniseries brings the teams into conflict after Batman discovers the existence of Amanda Waller's black-ops supervillain program, and the Justice League decides to put an end to Task Force X. Although Suicide Squad isn't about to go down with a fight, a larger threat eventually emerges that unites the two teams.
The events of "Justice League vs. Suicide Squad" will also lead to the launch in February of "Justice League of America," the new series by writer Steve Orlando and artist Ivan Reis that features Batman, Black Canary, Vixen, Killer Frost, The Ray, Ryan Choi's Atom and Lobo.
Here's the breakdown of artists for the miniseries:
- Issue 1: Jason Fabok ("Justice League: Darkseid War," "Detective Comics")
- Issue 2: Tony S. Daniel ("Batman," "Deathstroke")
- Issue 3: Jesus Merino ("Justice League," "Superman")
- Issue 4: Fernando Pasarin ("Batman & Robin Eternal," "Batgirl")
- Issue 5: Robson Rocha ("Green Lanterns," "Earth 2: World's End)
- Issue 6: Howard Porter ("Scooby Apocalypse," "Justice League 3000")
"Justice League vs. Suicide Squad" #1, by Williamson and Fabok, goes on sale Dec. 21.