Frank Miller, John Romita Jr., Danny Miki and Alex Sinclair's Superman: Year One has so far offered a new twist on the Man of Steel's origins and beginnings as a hero. DC Comics has now provided an exclusive preview of the second issue to CBR, which explores Clark's time in the military.
The solicitation for the issue teases the hero's early interactions with Atlantis during his training. Our exclusive preview for Superman: Year One #2, which you can see below, shows some of Clark's earliest days in boot camp on the Pacific coast and his attempts to balance his superpowers with the abilities of his comrades. As he's an incredibly powerful Kryptonian, he's able to outstrip his fellow trainees at every activity, though he doesn't always choose to do so.
SUPERMAN YEAR ONE #2
- written by FRANK MILLER
- art by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI
- cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and DANNY MIKI
- cover by FRANK MILLER
- Clark Kent’s journey of self-discovery continues in the second installment of Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.’s remarkable reimagining of Superman’s origin story. This chapter takes young Clark to the Pacific coast and beyond, as he discovers a place as sensational as he is…Atlantis! There he meets new people, finds love, clashes with gargantuan beasts and discovers the man he’s meant to be.
- PRESTIGE FORMAT
- ON SALE 08.21.19
- $7.99 US | 2 of 3 | 64 PAGES
- FC | APPROX. 8.5“ x 10.875” | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Superman: Year One #2 releases August 21 from DC Comics.