This October, two iconic Kurt Russell roles will crossover in an action-packed series from BOOM! Studios. Announced last week, "Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York" comes from writer Greg Pak and artist Daniel Bayliss and will see Jack Burton and Snake Plissken team-up for the first time. The series will see truck driver Burton transported to the "future" year of 1997 where he will run afoul of his doppelgänger Snake Plissken.
BOOM! Studios has given CBR an exclusive first look at two of the variant covers for "Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York" #1, which come from Michael Cho and Andy Belanger. The images, titled the East and West variants, each see one of Kurt Russell's action hero characters taking the lead.
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA/ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK #1 (of 6)
Retail Price: $3.99
Writer: Greg Pak
Artist: Daniel Bayliss
Main Covers A & B: Daniel Bayliss
Subscription Cover: Michael Allred
East Vs. West Incentive Covers: Michael Cho & Andy Belanger
Movie Poster Incentive Cover: Oliver Barrett
• It's the mother of all crossovers as Jack Burton and Snake Plissken meet for the first time ever anywhere!
• Done with director John Carpenter's complete blessing, witness this melee of the mullets as two cult classic characters made famous by actor Kurt Russell crossover in an improbable adventure.
• As lightning cascades around Jack and his good ol' Pork-Chop Express, he finds himself transported and driving through the horrors of what seems to be the dystopian future of...Escape from New York.
• Snake Plissken catches wind of Jack and goes on the hunt to find who is trying to steal his identity.
• Prepare for the road trip of a lifetime, with Jack and Snake rumblin' down the streets of a dystopian future to find what craziness caused Jack to jump through worlds.
• Written by Greg Pak (Totally Awesome Hulk, Action Comics) and illustrated by Russ Manning Award nominee Daniel Bayliss (Kennel Block Blues, Translucid).
"Big Trouble in Little China/Escape from New York" #1 hits stands in October.