When the first round of Marvel Comics' anticipated Generations one-shots arrive in August, most of them will feature team-ups that range from unlikely to impossible, considering some of the heroes involved are, well, dead. When it comes to the Hawkeyes, however, not only are both heroes very much alive, it hasn't been all that long since they last interacted.
Well, sort of; the one-shot will actually team Kate Bishop with a younger version of Clint Barton than readers -- and Kate -- are used to. As to the hows and whys this meeting takes place, well, Marvel's keeping mum on that for now. A recent teaser for the big finale to Secret Empire teases the answers may be arriving sooner than expected, however.
Below, CBR has the exclusive first look at what Kate and Clint's reunion (of sorts) will entail, including some genuine archer-style conflict courtesy of writer Kelly Thompson and artist Stefano Raffaele.
GENERATIONS: HAWKEYE & HAWKEYE #1
- KELLY THOMPSON (W)
- Stefano Raffaele (A)
- Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
- VARIANT COVER BY ELIZABETH TORQUE
- CONNECTING VARIANT COVER B BY ALEX ROSS
- Variant Cover by TBA
- TWO ARCHERS. ONE-SHOT.
- Kate Bishop, A.K.A. Hawkeye, finds herself smack-dab in the middle of a battle royal between the world’s most skilled sharpshooters — including an inexplicably young Clint Barton, A.K.A. the OTHER Hawkeye.
- The prize? Bragging rights for being named the best, of course — oh, and you get to stay alive!
- Unfortunately for Clint, several of his competitors are villains he’s taken down, making HIM a primary target.
- So, on top of figuring out where and WHEN she is, Kate’s got to find a way to win this little contest of skills and keep her not-so-old pal Clint out of the crosshairs… easy, peasy.
- 40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99