Created by Bill Finger, Dick Sprang and Lew Schwartz, Killer Moth is one of the older enemies of the Caped Crusader still kicking around DC Comics, having first appeared in 1951's Batman #63. Initially having no powers, the villain has never posed the gravest of threats, though he's definitely had his moments. However, the villain, now Drury Walker, got an upgrade in the '90s that made him a lot more formidable. Batgirl #37 has now given him another power boost.
Written by Cecil Castellucci and illustrated by Carmine Di Giandomenico, Paul Pelletier and Jordie Bellaire, Batgirl #37 reveals Killer Moth now has kinetic energy armor capable of powering his gun, which forces Barbara Gordon to reevaluate just what kind of threat the normally easy-to-defeat villain might actually pose.
You can see CBR's exclusive preview of the issue, along with the solicitation for it, below.
- written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI
- art by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
- cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH
- variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
- Eager to prove himself as a guardian for the criminals of Gotham City, Killer Moth has set his sights on taking out one of Gotham’s finest heroes…Batgirl! Does this insect menace really stand a chance against Batman’s smartest ally? Meanwhile, after their daring escape, the Terrible Trio is on the hunt for new ways to cause trouble for Batgirl. Little do they know, Lex Luthor has already beat them to it and is about to bring Batgirl’s worst possible nightmare to life! Oracle is back online. And she’s angry.
- ON SALE 07.24.19
- $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
- FC | RATED T
- This issue will ship with two covers.
Batgirl #37 hits shelves July 24.