From the start, Al Ewing and Joe Bennett have spent their run on Immortal Hulk redefining one of Marvel's longest-lived and most popular characters from a standard superhero into a man consumed by body horror. For twenty-two issues, Ewing and Bennett have re-examined Bruce Banner's past even as they've detailed his current, more horror-based adventures.
CBR's exclusive first look at Immortal Hulk #24 shows that Banner and the Hulk's origin story is even more deeply rooted in the fabric of the Marvel Universe than we realized. The preview opens in the past - the very distant past - in the dying moment of the previous Marvel universe, when Galactus (then known as Galan of Taa) was born. This leads to a two-page spread tying the Fantastic Four's fateful rocket trip to Bruce Banner and Rick Jones' gamma bomb close call, aka the moment the Hulk was born.
How all of this comes together remains to be seen, of course, but until the full issue arrives on Wednesday, Oct. 2, you can check out our sneak peek at Ewing and Bennett's Immortal Hulk #24 below.
IMMORTAL HULK #24
- AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
- WRAPAROUND VARIANT COVER BY JOE BENNETT
- • As the war with Shadow Base comes to a brutal, bloody end, Bruce Banner has a choice to make.
- • And the repercussions of that choice will have an effect on every single life on this planet...
- • ...including the IMMORTAL HULK.
- 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99