Following House of X and Powers of X, writer Tini Howard and artist Marcus To will helm a revival of Excalibur, a team created by Chris Claremont and Alan Davis in the pages of 1987's Excalibur Special Edition #1. Marvel has provided CBR an exclusive look at two variant covers for Excalibur #1.
The first cover -- which is by Mike McKone and colored by Rachelle Rosenberg -- shows the team, which is led by Captain Britain, together and ready to fight. The second -- the Young Guns variant -- is by Mike Del Mundo and shows an advertisement for "Jubilee Chews Bubblegum," with the rest of the team looking on. You can see the two covers below as well as the solicitation for the issues.
- TINI HOWARD (W) MARCUS TO (A) Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
- EVERY MUTANT EVER VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
- YOUNG GUNS VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
- DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY JONATHAN HICKMAN
- VARIANT COVER BY MIKE MCKONE
- VARIANT COVER BY KRIS ANKA
- HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY TBA
- A NEW DAWN IS FORGED!
- The Otherworld is rocked by war! It is a new era for mutantkind as a new Captain Britain holds the amulet, fighting for the Kingdom of Avalon with her Excalibur at her side - Rogue, Gambit, Rictor, Jubilee...and Apocalypse.
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Excalibur #1 releases October 30.