The series launches a week ahead of the highly-anticipated video game sequel, "Assassin's Creed Syndicate," due to hit stores on October 23.
From writers Anthony Del Col & Conor McReery, and artist Neil Edwards, the new "Assassin's Creed" series revolves around the Salem Witch Trials of the 17th century, in conjunction with a modern-day espionage tale.
Apart from the upcoming comic series and video game sequel, the Assassin's Creed franchise expands into the realm of feature films next year, with Michael Fassbender in the starring role. Jeremy Irons and Brendon Gleeson have also joined the film adaptation's cast.
Here's the full list of the "Assassin's Creed" #1 variants and participating retailers:
- Barnes & Noble variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Books a Million variant by Yishan Li
- Diamond UK variant by Ashley Marie Witter
- Hastings variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Fan Expo variant by Jamie Tyndall
- Forbidden Planet / Jetpack variant by Lee Garbett
- Larry's Comics variant by Angel Hernandez (colour)
- Larry's Comics variant by Angel Hernandez (B/W)
- Gamestop variant by Mariano Laclaustra
- Newbury Comics variant by Elena Casagrande
- Yesteryear Comics variant by Jamie Tyndall
- Hot Topic variant by Rachel Stott