Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's Doomsday Clock hasn't shied away from political subjects so far, putting them right at the forefront of the series. A new exclusive preview of Doomsday Clock #11, provided to CBR by DC, will see tensions between the United States and Russia escalate further, with the president of the latter, Vladimir Putin, threatening to invade if the former doesn't hand over Superman.
In Doomsday Clock #8, Firestorm confronted Mikhail Arkadin/Pozhar, the leader of The People's Heroes of Russia, entering the country illegally to do so. However, during that confrontation, the hero turned a ton of civilians in the vicinity into glass. Putin frames the event as a terrorist attack and, after Superman attempts to intervene, the resulting chaos sees him becoming an enemy of the Russian state.
CBR's exclusive preview for Doomsday Clock #11 sees Putin threatening to send The People's Heroes of Russia into the United States to retrieve Superman if the government does not hand him over, while also showcasing the global panic with which the DC Universe's mightiest heroes are contending.
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #11
- written by GEOFF JOHNS
- art and cover by GARY FRANK
- variant cover by GARY FRANK
- The critically acclaimed series by the renowned team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank marches toward its conclusion. In this penultimate issue, the truth behind “Rebirth” is revealed as Batman searches for the one person he believes can help him save the world…Rorschach!
- ON SALE 09.24.19
- $4.99 US
- 32 PAGES | FC
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Written by Geoff Johns, illustrated by Gary Frank and colored by Brad Anderson, the first issue of Doomsday Clock released in November 2017. The 12-issue series, which has seen long and frequent delays, serves as a sequel to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' Watchmen, and sees characters from that universe interacting with a variety of heroes in the DC Universe.
Doomsday Clock #11 goes on sale September 4.