Conan the Barbarian: Exodus promises to explore the titular barbarian's very first epic adventure.
Loki artist Esad Ribic will write and illustrate the upcoming offering from Marvel Comics, which follows a fifteen-year-old Conan as he learns to survive in the wilderness. The publisher has provided CBR with an exclusive look at the solicitation for the first issue and Ribic's cover.
CONAN THE BARBARIAN: EXODUS #1
- written and illustrated by Esad Ribic
- cover by Esad Ribic
- MAN VS. NATURE IN THE NEVER-BEFORE-TOLD STORY OF CONAN’S FIRST JOURNEY FROM CIMMERIA!
- Long have the stories told of CONAN, who came from the frozen hills of his homeland, Cimmeria, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth in the Hyborian Age – but now you will witness the epic tale of the young barbarian’s first journey from home from visionary creator Esad Ribic!
- Fifteen winters in Cimmeria have toughened the young Conan, but his greatest challenge lies ahead. Braving the elements, without food, without shelter, without weapons, Conan must learn to survive even as nature itself conspires to stop him. The snow freezes his bones. The wolves smell his blood. But if he can reach civilization, will his wounds heal…or will his troubles just begin?
- With a majestic scope underscored by the completely visual narrative, don’t miss this truly special moment in Conan’s story and an unprecedented issue in Marvel Comics publication history!
Created by Robert E. Howard and first appearing in 1932's Weird Tales, Conan is an enduring pop culture icon, and he's appeared in a variety of different media, especially comics. This is the latest ongoing series for the barbarian, who is also in Marvel's Savage Avengers.
Conan the Barbarian: Exodus #1 releases in August.