Writer Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook established themselves as two of the masters of horror in comics with Harrow County. They're now teaming with Brian Hurtt, with whom Bunn collaborated on The Sixth Gun, for Manor Black, an upcoming gothic horror fantasy published by Dark Horse Comics.
Dark Horse Comics has provided CBR with an exclusive look at the covers for Manor Black #2. The issue releases Aug. 28. You read the solicitation for Manor Black #2 and see Crook's main cover and Jill Thompson's variant below:
Manor Black #2 (of 4)
- written by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt
- art and cover by Tyler Crook
- variant cover by Jill Thompson
- From the creators of Harrow County and The Sixth Gun comes this gothic horror fantasy about a family of sorcerers in crisis.
- Ari, a young mage on the run, finds herself under the protection of the powerful sorcerer Roman Black. But Roman’s protection may not be enough to shield her from the wild magicians hunting her down, or from her savior’s family, who see her as a threat to their birthright.
- A modern fantasy in the vein of Dark Shadows!
- ON SALE 08.28.19
- $3.99 | US 32 pages
Manor Black #1 goes on sale July 31.