* Sean Collins dubs the latest League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book "a funny, creepy, nasty piece of work that encapsulates and articulates many of Alan Moore's most heartfelt themes as explicitly and entertainingly as any book he's ever done."
* Shaenon Garrity runs through the top five cartoonists/children's book illustrators. Is your favorite on the list?
* Doug Wolk praises Carol Tyler's You'll Never Know, calling it "a vivid, affecting, eccentrically stylish frame built around a terrible silence."
* Sean Howe reviews David Mazzuchelli's Asterios Polyp for EW. Apparently the book was the darling of this year's MoCCA show.
* TCJ critic Kent Worcester talks about the burgeoning academic interest in comics, sorry, sequential art.
* Johanna Draper Carlson wants to let you know that Kabuki: The Alchemy offers a "mind-bending conclusion."
* Paul Gravett continues to examine the "atom style" in eurocomics.