DC's May 2019 solicitation for Doomsday Clock #11 teases that the penultimate issue will reveal the secrets behind 2016's DC Universe: Rebirth #1, which became a launching point for a series of stories leading up to the events depicted in Doomsday Clock.
With hints and references to the universe-altering New 52, the Rebirth one-shot written by Doomsday Clock's Geoff Johns concluded with the appearance of Watchmen character Doctor Manhattan, who was responsible for significant changes to the DC Universe including the removal of ten years from the collective DC heroes' history following 2011's Flashpoint. Other stories such as the Batman/The Flash crossover "The Button" continued to ask questions that prepared fans for Doomsday Clock, which introduced characters from Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' Watchmen series to the mainstream DC Universe.
As characters seek out Doctor Manhattan for help, knowledge or to serve out justice for his actions, the series has been building up to a massive conflict between Doctor Manhattan and Superman, an outcome which does not bode well for this world teetering on the familiar edge of societal and overall apocalypse.
Though Geoff Johns and Gary Frank's Doomsday Clock has been plagued by delays, Issue 11 is scheduled to release in May. The official synopsis and covers for Doomsday Clock #11 can be found below:
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #11
- written by GEOFF JOHNS
- art and cover by GARY FRANK
- variant cover by GARY FRANK
- The critically acclaimed series by the renowned team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank marches toward its conclusion. In this penultimate issue, the truth behind “Rebirth” is revealed as Batman searches for the one person he believes can help him save the world…Rorschach!
- ON SALE 05.22.19
- $4.99 US | 10 of 12 |
- 32 PAGES | FC
- This issue will ship with two covers.
- Please see the order form for details.