UPDATE (11:12 a.m.): Marvel has released details of the “Doctor Strange” Blu-ray, including confirmation of Part 2 of the “Team Thor” mockumentary.
Marvel fans will see more of Thor’s roommate Darryl sooner than they realized.
The official breakdown of the special features on the “Doctor Strange” Blu-ray release includes “Team Thor: Part 2,” a sequel to the mockumentary screened by Marvel Studios in July at Comic-Con International.
Directed by “Thor: Ragnarok’s” Taika Waititi the humorous short solved the mystery of the thunder god’s whereabouts during the events of “Captain America: Civil War”: Chris Hemsworth’s Thor needed some “me time,” and moved in with a “average, everyday” office worker named Darryl.
According to Marvel, the “Doctor Strange” Blu-ray and Digital release will feature more than 80 minutes of bonus materials, including five behind-the-scenes featurettes, five deleted scenes, outtakes, a look at the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, audio commentary, and Part Two of “Team Thor.”
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Black Panther” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
Waititi suggested in September that there could be more to Thor and Darryl’s story, teasing, “There may be other little pieces of that thing that everyone saw that may just be a small part of a bigger thing.” However, he declined to say more at the time.
— Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios) August 28, 2016
“Doctor Strange” arrives Feb. 14 on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere, and Feb. 28 on Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand. Opening Nov. 3, “Thor: Ragnarok” stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Cate Blanchett, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban and Mark Ruffalo.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!