DC Comics is celebrating its The Year Of The Villain summer event in August with covers featuring "battle-damaged" versions of series logos. The damaged logos symbolize the destruction of DC's greatest heroes when the DC villains accept Lex Luthor’s evil offer to become ultimate, stronger-than-ever versions of themselves.
Each of the covers will also feature a distinctive "Year Of The Villain: Dark Gifts" cover banner. As the Year of the Villain event continues to escalate throughout September and beyond, the logos on the covers will suffer more and more damage, culminating in a line-wide rogue takeover in November's comics.
Check out the following August issues for the battle-damaged logo covers:
- ACTION COMICS #1014 – Cover by Brandon Peterson (on sale August 28)
- AQUAMAN #51 – Cover by Robson Rocha and Jason Paz (on sale August 21)
- BATGIRL #38 – Cover by Carmine Di Giandomenico (on sale August 28)
- BATMAN #76 – Cover by Tony S. Daniel (on sale August 7)
- BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #4 – Cover by Tyler Kirkham (on sale August 14)
- CATWOMAN #14 – Cover by Joëlle Jones (on sale August 14)
- DEATHSTROKE #46 – Cover by Carlo Pagulayan and Norm Rapmund (on sale August 7)
- DETECTIVE COMICS #1009 – Cover by Doug Mahnke (on sale August 14)
- THE FLASH #76 – Cover by Rafa Sandoval and Jordi Tarragona (on sale August 14)
- HARLEY QUINN #64 – Cover by Guillem March (on sale August 7)
- HAWKMAN #15 – Cover by Pat Olliffe and Tom Palmer (on sale August 14)
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #29 – Cover by Francis Manapul (on sale August 7)
- JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #14 – Cover by Guillem March (on sale August 28)
- JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #12 – Cover by Will Conrad (on sale August 14)
- NIGHTWING #63 – Cover by Bruno Redondo (on sale August 21)
- RED HOOD: OUTLAW #37 – Cover by Kenneth Rocafort (on sale August 28)
- SUPERGIRL #33 – Cover by Eduardo Pansica (on sale August 14)
- SUPERMAN #14 – Cover by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado (on sale August 14)
- TEEN TITANS #33 – Cover by Bernard Chang (on sale August 21)
- THE TERRIFICS #19 – Cover by Dan Mora (on sale August 28)
- WONDER WOMAN #76 – Cover by Jesus Merino (on sale August 14)
In addition to these covers, the August issues will also come with the card stock variant covers. These card stock variants are priced one dollar higher than the standard covers and feature artwork from cover artists Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Joshua Middleton, Gabriele Dell’Otto, Yasmine Putri and others.
DC's Year Of The Villain #1 32-page one-shot is now available for $0.25. It leads into to some of the biggest story arcs that make up Year of the Villain, with stories by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, plus details on Snyder’s The Batman Who Laughs, Tom King’s "City of Bane" story arc in Batman and the recently announced Batman/Superman by Joshua Williamson and David Marquez.