DC is extending its technology-based zombie outbreak miniseries DCeased with a special oversized one-shot. Written by Tom Taylor and illustrated by Darick Robertson (The Boys), Laura Braga (DC Comics Bombshells) and others, DCeased: A Good Day To Die #1 will follow Mr. Terrific, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and John Constantine as they fight to help stop the zombie apocalypse.
“This is a mission to save the world, and this may just be the only team who can save it,” Taylor teased to IGN.
"Honestly, as soon as I started writing DCeased, I realized I could write it for years,” Taylor said. “With the epic scope of this series, there was no way to fit all the characters and all the ideas I had into just six issues. … We had a whole cast of characters whose tale was ending up on the comics cutting room floor. Writing is about killing your darlings, but these were darlings I wasn't even going to get the chance to kill... until the idea of this special was raised by editor Ben Abernathy.”
Readers got a short glimpse of Mister Miracle and Big Barda in DCeased #1, with A Good Day To Die #1 filling in the gaps in their story.
DCEASED: A GOOD DAY TO DIE #1 (One-Shot)
- written by TOM TAYLOR
- art by LAURA BRAGA, DARICK ROBERTSON and OTHERS
- "Portrait" variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- Horror Movie homage variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI (“The DCeasening”)
- While the mainstays of the Justice League—Superman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman—battle the worldwide infection in the pages of DCEASED, a group of other heroes work to stop the impending apocalypse—no matter who they have to kill!
- Mr. Terrific assembles a motley group of surviving heroes including Mister Miracle, Big Barda, John Constantine, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold as they attempt to fight back against the tide of death. Can this ragtag group save the world where the Justice League has thus far failed?
- ON SALE 09.04.19
- $4.99 US | 48 PAGES