Star Wars: Darth Vader cover artist Francesco Mattina's variant for DCeased #4 has imaged what a zombified version of the Joker might look like.
This isn't the first variant for the series to feature Joker. Other covers include Joker as Pennywise from IT, getting murdered by Jason Todd and a zombified Batman biting at zombie Joker. Although this isn't the first cover to feature the Clown Prince of Crime as a zombie, it does show him in much greater detail than that aforementioned cover.
You can see the cover and read the solicitation for DCeased #4, which goes on sale Aug. 7, below:
- written by TOM TAYLOR
- art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and STEFANO GAUDIANO
- cover by ANDY KUBERT
- card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
- card stock horror movie homage variant cover by TASIA M.S.
- The Daily Planet has become a beacon of hope for the living as the Anti-Life Equation sweeps the planet. What’s left of the Justice League have begun to gather there, bringing survivors and family alike. But the city is being overrun with infected humans…and superhumans! The war for Metropolis begins!
- ON SALE 08.07.19
- $3.99 US | 4 OF 6 | 32 PAGES
- CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99
- FC | RATED T+
- This issue will ship with three covers.
- Please see the order form for details.
Joker is one of Batman's oldest and most iconic foes. Created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson, the villain first appeared in 1940's Batman #1 and has stuck around ever since. He's appeared in numerous films and television shows over the years, having been played by the likes of Heath Ledger, Jared Leto, Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, Cesar Romero and more.
DCeased #1 is on sale now. DCeased #2 goes on sale June 5.