DC has revealed the first look at Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed, an upcoming young adult graphic novel written by Laurie Halse Anderson and illustrated by Leila del Duca.
"My work on Wonder Woman combines my love for the character with my respect for the issues facing teenagers today," Anderson said in a statement. "It was a dream project to write. But when Leila del Duca was brought on board as the artist? BOOM: creative magic through and through!"
"Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed was a dream to work on. Laurie wrote such a smart script, creating a new, special take on Diana that is the perfect match to what I love about Wonder Woman and the morals she represents," Del Duca added. ". I hope readers enjoy following Diana’s journey as she faces heartbreaking obstacles head on, with an open heart, a quick mind, and her indomitable spirit."
Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed
- Written by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Illustrated by Leila del Duca
- On Sale June 2, 2020
- MSRP: $16.99
- Princess Diana of Themyscira believes that her 16th birthday will be one of new beginnings—namely, acceptance into the warrior tribe of the Amazons. But her birthday celebrations are cut short when rafts carrying refugees break through the barrier that separates her island home from the outside world. When Diana defies the Amazons to try to bring the outsiders to safety, she finds herself swept away by the stormy sea. Cut off from everything she’s ever known, Diana herself becomes a refugee in an unfamiliar land.
- Now Diana must survive in the world beyond Themyscira for the first time—a world that is filled with danger and injustice unlike anything she’s ever experienced. With new battles to be fought and new friends to be made, she must redefine what it means to belong, to be an Amazon, and to make a difference.
- Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed is a story about growing into your strength, fighting for justice, and finding home.
Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed, by Laurie Halse Anderson and Leila del Duca, goes on sale June 2, 2020 from DC.