Official Press Release
Tensions have escalated to an all-time high between heroes and villains in DC Universeâ„¢ Online (DCUO). Today, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) released Â The Last Laugh, the fourth downloadable content (DLC) pack for DCUO, available now for download on the PC and PlayStationÂ®3 computer entertainment system. In the largest PvP (player vs. player) content update since launch, no one is safe as Superman and The Joker encourage heroes and villains to invade The Hall of Doom and The Watchtower, as well as the player safe houses and headquarters throughout the open world. The Last Laugh also adds an all-new weapon and introduces new Legends PvP characters.
“We have taken PvP to another level in DCUO and are thrilled to see the new combat in action,” said Lawrence Liberty, executive producer, DC Universe Online. “The multiplayer battles in The Last Laugh let heroes and villains unleash their fierce competitiveness, testing their power, potency and skill.”
Along with epic multiplayer crusades, the DLC pack brings back notorious DC Universe villain The Joker for a criminally twisted new storyline. The Last Laugh features voices of some of the biggest stars, including renowned voiceover actors Mark Hamill (The Joker), Adam Baldwin (Superman) and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).
“Excitement has been building, not only for the new multiplayer action The Last Laugh brings, but for the return of the all-star voice actor cast in DCUO,” said Jens Andersen, creative director, DC Universe Online. “We were privileged to work with such a talented voiceover cast when we first launched and are happy to have them return to their iconic roles.”
The Last Laugh includes an all-new weapon, hours of multiplayer gameplay in the Safe Houses and Headquarters, and new Legends PvP characters:
- The Shield – Players can use this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles – No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other’s Safe Houses in these four-on-four battles.
- Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with retrieving cutting-edge technology from the hero and villain safe houses. It’s a mad dash to grab the most graviton singularity capsules!
- The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal – Stockpiles of explosives have been remotely armed by a mischievous third party! Players must gain control of the Bomb Squad’s mech and either neutralize the bombs or use them for dastardly purposes!
- Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players — eight heroes and eight villains — will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – The Last Laugh introduces the first Kryptonian and Light-powered characters to Legends for multiplayer combat. Players now have access to Green Lanterns John Stewart and Kilowog, Sinestro Corp members Amon Sur and Arkilo, and Kryptonians Power Girl, Ursa and Bizarro.
DCUO’s The Last Laugh DLC pack is now available for free for the game’s Legendary members and available for $9.99 USD for Free and Premium players via the PlayStationÂ®Network in-game Marketplace, and on the PC via the DCUniverseOnline.com website.
DCUO is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on behalf of DC Entertainment. For more information about DCUO, visit www.DCUniverseOnline.com.
About DC Universe Online
Lex Luthor has traveled back through time with news of a dire future: While the heroes and villains spent years battling amongst themselves, Brainiac has been feeding on their powers, building strength to return to Earth and destroy humanity. To change the future, Lex has come back to set off a device that bestows super powers to thousands of every-day citizens and give humanity a fighting chance. Can Brainiac be stopped, or is this another nefarious Lex Luthor plot?
For the first time, players and fans will be able to enter the DC Universe as an active force for good or evil. A massively multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online delivers unparalleled high-energy, physics-powered combat that brings the player’s extraordinary powers to life. DC Universe Online was created in the artistic vision of legendary comic book artist Jim Lee, and set within a world created by famous DC writers including Geoff Johns and Marv Wolfman.
Rated T for Teen with Mild Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes and Violence, DC Universe Online is available for PC and PlayStationÂ®3 computer entertainment system. DCUO Legendary access is available for a $14.99 USD monthly fee.
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuestÂ®, EverQuestÂ®Â II, Champions of NorrathÂ®, PlanetSideÂ®, Free RealmsÂ®, Clone Wars Adventuresâ„¢ and DC Universe Onlineâ„¢, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms.Â SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages.Â To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest, Champions of Norrath, PlanetSide and Free Realms are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to such iconic DC Comics properties as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, MAD Magazine, and Fables, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its superheroic characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing over 1,000 comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Comics is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.
- Ad Free Browsing
- Over 10,000 Videos!
- All in 1 Access
- Join For Free!